How can I rivet mallets ? ? ?

I'm a mallet riveter but don't know how to do it.Please help.

Reply to
Hans-Marc Olsen

Mallards?

Face shield and a rubber apron, for sure

WB .............

Reply to
Wild Bill

Use white glue and pressure.

Reply to
Uncle Lucky

snipped-for-privacy@aol.commotion (Uncle Lucky) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m11.aol.com:

I use waxed nylon thread and a large leatherworking needle.

Reply to
Hitch

Boris Mohar

"Uncle Lucky "wrote: Use white glue and pressure. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I use black glue and vacuum. Maybe we should compare results sometime.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

These are marimba mallets correct?. Piano mallets may be different, do you use the black glue for the black key notes? Vacuum is good and have used it on saxophone reeds to impregnate machined cane with resin. Health & Peace, Lance

Reply to
Uncle Lucky

Piano mallets are felt. Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

Piano mallets are wood with thicket of felt glued onto them like bumpers on the pool tables. And the less you're fetish the piano mallets are better heard than felt so my kids is laughting know! Hope this helps your problems and the Happy Holidays. A Babin & Sons (iso 9000 compliant job shop, machine repair and rebuild, custom pool cues and covers)

Reply to
Sir Al Babin

And leather filed with lead shot? that is a black jack or so we called it as kids in the hells kitchen of Bristol. Happy Holidays! Al Babin & Sons (iso 9000 complaint job shop, part time K-mart cashier for holidays, repair and rebuilding of machinery, custom pool cues and covers)

Reply to
Sir Al Babin

First, you'll need a rivet malleter.

item #196