Hydraulics related question

but irritating problem with the actuator valve . Pull to split and it goes great , pull the handle back to retract and it works great . As long as you hold it back . There's an internal detent there that's supposed to hold the handle in the retract position until the ram bottoms out , and it's not holding . Directly opposite the valve piston on the other end is a formed sheet metal cup device with a socket head cap screw sticking out , it has a jam nut to hold it adjusted ... I THINK this is where I'd adjust tension on that detent , but then again , I have zero experience with hydraulic valves .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Terry Coombs wrote on 10/8/2018 3:45 PM:

See if this helps:

page 26 in the PDF:

Adjusting the Handle Return Lever

A Handle Return Lever is attached to the Valve Bracket to manually stop

sted if:

- The Wedge is not retracting fully.

- The Engine stalls and the Actuator Handle stays in the retract position with the Wedge is fully retracted.

  1. Loosen the Jam Nut.

  1. Adjust the Bolt.

Screw Bolt into the Return Lever if the Operator lever is being pushed forward before fully retracting.

Unscrew the Bolt from the Return Lever if the Operator lever is not being disengaged and the Engine is stalling.

  1. When finished, hold the Bolt with the Wrench as you tighten the Jam
Reply to

Reply to
Terry Coombs