I need Tungsten Carbide blank

I want to make a custom tungsten carbide cutting tool for one of my wood
working machines (I have a diamond cutting tool for the job.). I need a
tungsten carbide blank rod that is .235" in width. (or near it. I can size
it down)
My problem is, I can't seem to find a dealer that sells tungsten carbide
blank rods in small quanities. I only need a few.
I did find a dealer that sold carbide rods that might work, but I don't know
if it's the same thing as a tungsten carbide rod.
Any suggests on a dealer that would sell me a few blank rods?
Regards
Kori
Reply to
Kori
If you want round carbide drill blanks, then MSC corp has them.
Jim
jim rozen
Or McMaster p/n 8791A23 -- 6 x 50mm (.236 x 1.96 in) -- $5.38
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
Hey Kori, I have a box of Kennametal solid carbide rods at home, I think they are 1/4" by about 3" long. You can have some for the price of shipping.
Todd L Phoenix
Reply to
Todd L
Thank you for the information. I well order a few and see if they work as well as the tungsten carbide bits I have.
Regards Kori
Reply to
Kori
Sounds good to me. Email me at snipped-for-privacy@camalott.com and tell me shipping cost and where to send payment. Put Tungsten Carbide in Subject line, so I don't delete accidently with junk mail.
Regards Kori
Reply to
Kori
What is the difference between the a rod blank listed as carbide and one listed tungsten carbide? Do this both have tungsten, are they the same in hardness?
Kori
Reply to
Kori
Thanks for the information. I will order a few of these also just to have extras.
Regards Kori
Reply to
Kori