I've been gone for 3 months and still 8 of 10 messages are spam

Why?

Pete Stanaitis

----------------

Reply to
Pete S

Hi Pete,

Welcome back.

They sometime carry on a bit, don't they.

Name calling and insulting each other.

As Shakespeare called it, "a tempest in a teapot". (Much ado about nothing).

It's just that the politically oriented don't have to follow the boring rules. (Especially if they don't want to)

That's for chumps.

What have you been off doing?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Spam? I never see spam here. Only spam I see are for technical manuals and then very regularly.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Welcome back. Sigh, RCM certainly isn't the group it used to be.

I use Agent and a large kill filter file. Don't see that much spam this way.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Because you do a bad job setting up your filters.

Try killfiling all crossposts, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Ignoramus1542

Well, it makes a good prima facie case that the cause of the spam isn't you...

it's a GOOD thing

Reply to
whit3rd

So, you left and thought things would get BETTER? The more we keep on-topic, the more it drowns out the idiots, or at least gives us something of actual interest to read.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson