Identifying model of Lodge + Shipley

My employer got for free a 12 in Lodge and Shipley. It must be 80 years old and after a day of cleaning he can't find the model #. WHere would the # be located? Or is there somewhre with pictures of these old machines? Thanks Ken

Reply to
Dr. Butter

If there is no I.D. plate on the machine your only hope is to find someone who can recognize the features of your machine. Unfortunately it seems L&S didn't use differing serial number series for different models. Good luck.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

?? surface grinder ?? - try on the way. Typically the right end or the left end.

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Dr. Butter wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

The number on mine is between the way v's on the back right, behind the tail stock. # 8003

I'd be interested in parts if it is like the one I have, the pictures are somewhere in the drop box. Probably under L&S, LS, SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

My reference shows 1920 machines begining with serial #25725 so yours may be really really old.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

My reference shows 1920 machines begining with serial #25725 so yours may be really really old

Ours was 28725. Did y'all have some sort of murcery relay down near the motor? Boss took it off even though it seemed to be working once we figured out what it was. I'd never seen or heard of one before

Reply to
Dr. Butter