Is zebra connecctor like this made/available?

Zebras as used in watch lcd connections.

What I want is a sheet with a grid of transverse conductors.

Also germane is the possibility of water leakage across the sheet.

Reply to
xpzzzz

Found the effective search term: "matrix".

Yes. e.g.:

This stuff doesn't show up in any of my usual sources.

Reply to
xpzzzz

OT, but on the subject of LCD zebra strips:

I have a Fluke 88 'automotive' DVOM. It's a very good versatile meter, but sadly requires display removal and zebra strip cleaning a couple of times a year... have heard it's a common issue with this meter.

If not done, many display elements begin to dim/fail.

It's easy to clean, just pop out the display, remove the strips and scrub their edges with a clean rag soaked with rubbing alcohol... takes

3 min. Don't leave lint.

Reassemble and the display again looks new!

But for those who don't know how to do it, I'm sure Fluke charges a bundle... or the owner buys another meter.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

They probably got the compression of the zebras wrong. They're pretty fussy. You might ask Fluke if there's a replacement struo that's a little shorter or longer that corrects this problem. Eventually, I'm pretty sure that this wiping will wear the carbon conductors, so it wouldn't hurt to have spares on hand.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Been worrying about that... but they're at least on cleaning 10 now, and still going strong!

A friend says he's seen aftermarket strips for the 88 on Ebay as well.

Erik

Reply to
Erik