ISO machine keys form commie lathe

I need some keys to fit the keyways in the QC of my older Enco lathe. These things measure .198 H x .193 W x .525 long. They are rounded on the ends, so they look like a flattened medicine capsules. I found bins of the next larger size at the local tool and machine emporium, but nothing this small. Can someone point me to a source so I can finish this thing? Or maybe tell me what they are called so I can search with greater apparent intelligence :)

And btw, I know I can make them, but two attempts produced not a single usable key, so I am going to try to take the advice of someone here who said "Never make what you can buy". Besides, I've already destroyed a $20 gear in my minimill trying to make a 50-cent part.

Reply to
Rex B

Rex,

I have 4 left over from a job that are close, measure .1965 x .1965 x .704. They have a 3mm tapped hole in the center for removal. Email your address privately if you want them.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Rex, Where is this tool and machine emporium? You don't drive to Richardson to CDC do you?

Reply to
TheAndroid

Rex,

They'll be in the mail next time I head into town.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Haven't yet, but I intend to since you mentioned it a while back. I was referring to Williams Tool in Ft Worth

Now that you mention it, why don't you give me some Di-Reckshuns?

Rex

Reply to
Rex B

yer a good man, Jon

Thanks much

- - Rex Burkheimer Fort Worth TX

J> Rex,

Reply to
Rex B

Don't know if my previous message posted.

Take 75 N to Main St/Beltline exit in Richardson. Go East for about 3 miles. Past Bowser (the second light) you reach a small strip mall on your right. CDC is the Eastmost store in the mall near the garden nursery. If you get to Plano Road, you've gone too far.

Reply to
TheAndroid

Very good. We have a company location over that way that I've never been to. Maybe I need to get out of the office for a little while :)

- - Rex Burkheimer Fort Worth TX

TheAndroid wrote:

Reply to
Rex B