ITC-213 cement - need an ounce or less

I have a couple of nice soldering stations with burned out elements that I need to rewind. I found the nichrome wire I need cheap on eBay, but now I
need something to insulate it from the metal. After doing some research, I came across ITC-213 refractory cement which seems to be ideal, but only see it sold by the pint - which is probably 100 times more than I'll ever need. Does anybody here have a tiny amount they can sell me? I probably only need a teaspoon or two.

If you're willing to substitute, I have some Sauereisen cement that should work. The jar's not close at hand, but I think it's zirconia based. If you want to look into it I'll get the exact product name. It may be No.13 on this page: http://www.sauereisen.com/c_prod/c_chemical.asp
--
Ned Simmons

It looks that should work fine if it is #13. The wire was wound on the outside of a 1/4" dia hollow steel tube, which is in turn slid inside a slightly larger dia. steel tube, with only about.02" of space between the inner and outer tube, so there is no room for mica or any other insulators. The inner tube must be painted & dried before winding on the wire element, then painted over again before inserting it in the outer tube. Fortunately, it is only a 24 volt 2 amp element, so higher voltage breakdown is not a problem. Most irons operate at about 700 or 800 deg. F. ( about 400 deg C )
Wade

It is in fact No.13. I'm happy to send a couple spoonsful in a ziploc bag if you email me your address. Post a heads up here as well so I can be sure your email makes it thru the spam filters.
You can pay by donating $5, or whatever you think it's worth, in a Salvation Army kettle or to a similar service organization.
--
Ned Simmons

Ned Simmons wrote:

Make sure you mark the bag with the proper name just in case the post office damages it, and some leaks out.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:15:50 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Good point. Once upon a time that might have been a joke.
How about I enclose a note that says, "This is not anthrax!" (That's a joke.)
--
Ned Simmons

Ned Simmons wrote:

That would probably get you a visit from people with a battering ram & assault rifles. :(
Two idiot salesmen for another division of the company I worked for filled an envelope with talcum powder and dropped it it the hallway right after the first incident. They were fired, and arrested for terrorism.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

    Beware to clearly mark it. I can just see it being mistaken for anthrax or pseudo-anthrax when going through the mail system.
    Good Luck,         DoN.

Thanks. That is my correct email in the header, you can send me a note there and I'll reply back with my address.
Wade