Just finished a new metal Sculpture! (Take a look)

Hi everyone,

I just completed my largest sculpture and thought I'd share it with everyone here, since you're all so helpful with my questions.

It's constructed from Marine Grade Stainless Steel (316L) and Silicon Bronze. Questions answered upon request.

You can see it here:

If you like it, let me know! (If you hate it, just shut up and leave me alone!!!) hehe

James Kelsey Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Earth, Outer-Spiral arm of the Milky Way

(take the 'spamblock' out of my e-mail address if responding)

Reply to
RainLover

Looks very good , ahhh bigger picture please. Its not solid ? How did you do that? A lot better than other crap I have seen.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

What was the most startling thing that you learned?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Looks nice. How did you bend the 316L? What thickness is it?

Richard http://www.fergus>

Reply to
Richard Ferguson

It's impressive! It's ambitious! It's...it's very interesting!

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Neato!

Tim

-- "That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson Website @

Tim Williams

Ed, your "interesting" comment brought to mind the art foundry that was acroos the street at my former location. I used to wander over & check up on the doins. There was some pretty impressive stuff. And there was some, uh, crap would be the mild term for it. I asked the owner once what he would say to the artists when they came to see how their piece was shaping up, all excited, ready to pee in their pants it seemed, when they asked "what do you think? it's really something, huh?" And the general opinion going around that this "masterpiece" was a POS. He said to me, "That's when we say, 'that's a really interesting piece, really interesting." I'll never forget the one called "Udder Reality". Someone, somewhere, actually paid....

mj

Reply to
michael

Mithra's birthday was Dec 25. A bit late.

Cool scupture though!

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"

Reply to
Gunner

Hey James,

Very palletable!!

Take care.

Brian Laws>Hi everyone,

Reply to
Brian Lawson

You're really open to critique aren't you! Only want to have your ego stroked in a positive way?

Well, ... it's very interesting. Abrasha

Abrasha

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 00:36:04 -0800, michael brought forth from the murky depths:

Then there was the traveling salesman who chanced upon an old lady rocking on her porch and smoking a corncob pipe one day. He would tell her of one of his products and she would reply "Fascinating!" After several of these, he asked her what she meant by it. She replied "Well, 'fascinating' is a lot less rude than 'BULLSHIT!', isn't it?

Kinda like Meg Belicheck's "Mud Flaps II", made of real rubber and stainless steel bailing wire or Laura Stoland's "Droolry"?

I like your work much better, thanks.

What is the deeper meaning of the recurring theme of "curved stainless

  • oval bronze with hole in it" as displayed in Mithra, Aphrodite, and Innuendo, and partially in Kalypso and Slight Breeze?

Your Helios and Portal are my favorite evocative pieces.

P.S: Check your site, some pics are missing. (spire1.jpg, whaticarussaw2.jpg)

======================================================== TANSTAAFL: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Gourmet Web Applications ==========================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If you click on that small picture, it'll take you to a page with a larger picture and some detail.

James, Port Orchard

Reply to
RainLover

The most startling thing? Hmmm... I learned that a can of spray paint ten feet away from where I'm TIG welding will explode if the high frequency is ON and the can is close to the work.

Quite startling indeed.

James, Port Orchard.

Reply to
RainLover

The bottom section is 14 gage, the top section is 16 gage (to keep the weight down), the 'sides' are 11 gage to add strength. I bent it using my muscles... no roller in my studio yet.

James, Port Orchard, USA

Reply to
RainLover

Actually, Wasn't Mithra's Rebirth on the 21st? Winter Solstice and all? For those who don't know, "Mithra" was / is the Pagan sun god and they celebrate his 'rebirth' as the days begin to get longer.

I guess it's much more significant for us living way up north where it's getting dark at 4pm these days than you california-types who hardly notice a difference. heheh

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Earth

Reply to
RainLover

Brian,

I think "very palletable" is the finest compliment anyone from Ontario, Canada has ever paid me. Thank you very much.

James, Seattle

Reply to
RainLover

Oh no! "very interesting".... I really can't take that sort of criticism you know?

I took a look at your web site though... I'd call your work Quite Interesting. :-)

James, Seattle

Reply to
RainLover

RainLover wrote: (clip)The bottom section is 14 gage, the top section is 16 gage (to keep the weight down), the 'sides' are 11 gage to add strength (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^ I LIKE it. I suggest you offer it to David Letterman for the "Will it Float?" section of his show. I'm guessing that it will, but I bet it would fool them.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman