Klingon Bat'leth

One tribble would be plenty, a pair could be pure refined trouble... Thank goodness they haven't developed triticale yet. Though I'd hate to see what they could do to a wheat silo...

(NOT a "Trekkie" per se, but I do pay attention. ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

1 small hitch. I can't seem to find the drawings on my computer. I will have to shuffle through a pile of backup CDs to see if somehow it was saved. Honestly I can't figure out why it was deleted.

If I find it I will send it over.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

A couple I know..well known for their ah...exuberence in bed, had their very large and heavy full sized waterbed headboard unit, fall on them the first night in their new house, while they were..breaking in the house. Seems that they had forgotten to fasten the headboard unit to the side rails. She got a crushed skull and a broken arm, he was pretty much unhurt, though he was pinned under her unconscious and bleeding body for some time, before he was able to move out from under her and the headboard and dial 911.

Gunner

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Reply to
Gunner

Lucky for him they were disposed in that manner.. some years ago there was a Middle Eastern diplomat who was saved from a bomb placed under his bed by the opposite configuration (though the lady he was entertaining didn't get off so well), so you never know.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I'm the one with the thing on the wall, the other guy was looking for plans and suggestions.

As for things falling off the wall, the thing in question weighs about

3 or 4 lbs, and is hung on a pair of 20lb-rated fasteners. The wall in question backs up to my chimney, and is fairly solid. The bed has a bookshelf-style headboard, so there's 8" of walnut between the wall and me, at the very least...at most it might catch me on a bounce. This variant of a bat'leth is mostly blades, not spikes, and the blades aren't sharpened...though there are sharp points at the corners of the blades (think axe blades on a curved stick and you won't be too far off). I live in Maryland, where earthquakes are pretty much unheard of too. Certainly nothing major in recorded history.

Thanks for the concern. Mounting location and method are certainly something to pay attention to, but I think I've got it covered in this case. :^)

-- Mike B.

---------------------------------------------------------------- To reply via e-mail, remove the 'foolie.' from the address. I'm getting sick of all the SPAM...

Mike Bartman

Correction: The grain "triticale" was developed in the mid 20th century, as Spock said in the episode when he went into a pedantic rant. "Quadro-triticale" however, is still sci-fi.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/agdex127?opendocument And amusingly enough, about the time The Trouble With Tribbles was broadcast, Scientific American HAD an article on Triticale and other "synthetic" grains being developed for higher output, healthier content, etc. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Hi im trying to make one of these bat'leth's on a m8s CNC machine for my son.. He has a cad program driving it Do u still have copies in DWG or DXE format. Would be very much appreciated. Cheers, Glen

Reply to
glen