T butt joint 316 stainless

Hello,

I hope this is going to be the right place to ask for some advice on some metalwork on my boat.

I need to join a new rail to an existing 1" 316 polished stainless handrail in a "T" butt joint.

The boat is afloat -- so no mains electricity.

It seems to me the requirements are

Reasonably strong Corrosion resistance Temperature achievable with a gas torch Easy for a novice! polishable

What are my options for jointing this? Am I going to manage it myself?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Hindley