Whitney Punch NO 24 Spindle Play

Hello, Can anyone tell me what the play should be on this punch. I bought an older one, and it seems to have some play when extended.

I'd like to avoid doing any damage to the punch and dies I have.

Does anyone know which components would be the probable worn items? Would it be the bearings, spindle, or race sleeve? The bearings do not seem to bind or pinch, so I'm expecting any play to either be normal, or in the spindle or race.

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Dr Jimmy

i am familiar with some of the whitney but i do not now the model from the number, do you have a discription or pic you can email.

Reply to
Asp3211968