Kurt-style vise with jaws in outside position

Looking at:

It never occured to me that you could use the jaw plates in the outside positions. How does that work? Or are you supposed to use a higher jaw? Does the downward clamping force still operate?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

It's worked fine for me with the standard jaws on a 3" Kurt vise. The jaws sit a little higher than the jaw mounting blocks and there's a small ledge on the front block for the fixed jaw to sit on.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry