Life is good

Holy smokes. A full day of metal working. Starting off getting set up to produce joists for 1320 sf roof with included lifting frame made from 3" x

3" x 3/16" square tube. Joists of 1.5" x 1.5" square tube. Decked with Fabral MightyRib. About eight gates before I'm finished, and trying to do none in the typical jailbar style. Lots of designer items in desert southwest motif. Almost finished critical honeydew of attaching rain gutters to 1500 sf newly constructed awnings. Received and unloaded $1800 new steel. Leveled and paralleled two 40' containers 16' apart. Boat shed 40' x 12' along one container. Will pour concrete after.

Got a new helper, son of a muffler shop owner short on work. More experienced and capable than some men I know. The kid has plain common sense, just a little light in the math, trying to mentor him.

Nice to get back in the swing of things. Feeling good. Pain is under control finally. No new heart stuff.

I'll be taking pics to post.

A guy can get a lot done when he feels good, and has a good helper.

How's things in your fishbowl?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

If one is condemned to work, a good helper is better than a good wife. If one is not condemned to work, a good wife is, well, good, but not quite as good as a harem.

My helper has some serious Tourettes..... makes work, well, a little more interesting......

Reply to
Existential Angst

Why _do_ they call it common sense when it's so uncommon?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Once upon a time, long, long ago, it WAS common...

Reply to
CaveLamb

I worked with a Tourettes sufferer a few years back. One of his main impulses was to yell the "C" word. He'd trained himself to say other words starting with "c". Every now and again the real one would get loose, usually at EXTRA loud, it must have been very hard for him. I must admit having the odd giggle about it.

Reply to
Dennis