Linear Way Saddle

I'm working on a mid size CNC mill with linear rails. I've got a lot of it figured out including squaring it up as its built. The goal is a mid size
bed mill with very good acceleration to optimize use of a high speed spindle. Hence linear ways (amoung other things) for its construction. Sometimes though the simplest things seem to hang me up.
Optimally for support the bearing blocks both on the top and bottom of the saddle would be at the outside corners of the saddle, and the saddle would be a similar size (in X&Y) to a dovetail saddle relative to the machine. If this is the case the bearings blocks over lap each other on opposite sides of the saddle making it impractical at best to bolt on the bearings. If I make either dimension longer so they do not overlap then I lose a lot of travel. If I make either dimension between the blocks shorter for the same purpose I lose more stability and support than I care to. The table is modestly heavy and I do need to minimize sag from table weight.
The only solution I have come up with is to make the saddle out of two pieces that are keyed for alignment and then bolted together after the bearings are mounted to their respective halves.
I am hoping one of you guys will have a simpler more elegant solution.

Are you aware that the both the cars and rails are available with either tapped or clearance mounting holes? See THK or IKO.
--
Ned Simmons

Thomson rod bearings have mounting flanges: http://www.thomsonlinear.com/website/com/eng/products/linear_guides/linear_bearings/xr_extra_rigid.php
-jsw
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 10:23:53 AM UTC-8, Bob La Londe wrote:

If the bearings have a square base, drill out two (diagonal) of the four threaded mount holes; bolts from below into the NE and SW holes, and from above into the NW and SE holes.