Machining a 5# chunk of Fruit cake

Yeah, that's probably it, Jim. Just too busy with Christmas and other reasonable things.

Chuckle! Now that's a shame, isn't it? You mean to say that maybe these dolts won't be able to waste the time of folks that have better things to do than argue with those that possess the minds of children?

As it should be! To damned bad they can't be assessed punitive damage as well. I'm sick to death of those morons. At what point in time do otherwise reasonable adults abandon such idiocy?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Harold-

Were you married in a church or civil service?

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Real nuts, Real fruit. Big hairy deal! They got the color all wrong! :-)

My grannies fruitcake was dark, solid, heavy, moist, and as sweet as love! Mmmmmm! It definitely was an exercise in long term planning in the making, and I'd bet there was nearly a mortgage involved in buying the ingredients, but man, I can almost taste it!

Never had piece of pale fruitcake that could stand up to that, though some of them were pretty good for overweight dessert cakes. :-P

Mmmm, happy thoughts! Thanks!

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

LOL I was married on an airport in the middle of the runway. Escape was via hot air balloon. WTF does that have to do with anything?? Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

The first one, a church service, didn't work worth a damn. Is it possible we do way too much to appease parents? I had made my disdain for religion known when I was but a tot------

Second marriage, performed at the Heart of Reno "Wedding Chapel" has endured over 28 years. The pastor was the same guy as the chauffer, and also the photographer. I attribute that to a strong woman. I'm a bastard to live with. (yeah, I know------"Go figure")

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I will see your fruit cake (pages.quicksilver.net.nz/geoffm/xmas_cake.htm) and raise you a Christmas Pudding.

it is good. Shame I usually have to share it with the rest of the family. It is only fair, since my mother makes it, and after all these years, she has the knack (and 6 pudding basins, a mega stock pot...)

Reply to
Geoff M

If you make an anvil out of fruitcake, won't the steel parts that you hammer to shape on top of it end up having a fruitcake-like surface texture? That may or may not be a good thing...

I wonder if fruitcake can be annealed?

Reply to
xstrange

Yes. It needs to be heated to a dull glow over a fire using a fine Kentucky Burbon as fuel, then slowly cooled in a bed of unsalted popcorn, prefably over night.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 07:56:52 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Geoff M quickly quoth:

Friends don't let friends pudding and drive.

Apart from the cloves, brandy, rum, beer, dates, and prunes, it sounds pretty good. Is it as lethal as lead, or just as heavy?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Fruitcakes don't Ring when tapped! Duck tape works just as well with or without Fruitcake.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Well, the afternoons apres Xmas dinner are usually very inactive. The house resounds to the sound of snores. I have eaten a whole one on my own in the past. It is very filling... Geoff

Reply to
Geoff M