Mail order source of small lots of metals?

Looking for small, single-piece quantities of metals, mostly non-ferrous stuff. Does anyone have a favorite US-located vendor that they'd like to suggest? (or, to suggest to avoid)?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I have used

many years with satisfaction.

Randy

Reply to
R. O'Brian

I have used onlinemetals.com, but they're not cheep. I use mscdirect.com, same day shipping. I really like onlinemetalsupply.com, good selection and low prices.

Reply to
Polymer Man

for many years with satisfaction.

Oh, that's _very_ nice; they've got a location with a willcall window about 10 minutes away from here, and it's on the way home from work. Thank you.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

OK, with the caveat that I've only used these guys for ferrous stuff, I have used and been satisfied with the following vendors on ebay (some also have non-ebay stores as well):

alrodropcenter

speedymetal
united_specialty_alloys
Also, I have not used these guys yet, but may eventually as they seem to have a pretty good selection in the sizes of stuff I'm looking for:

danvillesteel

If anyone here has used them, I'd like to hear your experience, they don't have a lot of feedback yet.

--Glenn Lyford

Reply to
glyford

Taking a sample of 1: brass round 1" x 48" is about $4/lb (including shipping). If you're willing to by 6' and your order is $50 or more (free shipping), Enco's sale price is about $2.75/lb

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Metalexpress.net is good. Have a look at their "value packs".

Reply to
AL

I have used McMaster Supply, Chicago and I'm in Canada, 2 day delivery and thats across a border. Brian.

Reply to
bfairey