WTB Mobilith AW1 grease

I have a machine, that the manufacturer specifies Mobilith AW1 grease for coating one set of gears. I only need one 14 oz cartridge (or less), but nobody will sell it in anything less than "case" quantities. This is Mobil's policy for this grease according to Mobil's customer support, and every vendor I contacted. I don't know why they're picky about this grease, everyone will sell AW2 in single quantities.

That said, does anyone have a tube, partial tube, or a handful of Mobilith AW1 grease they'd be willing the part with?

Reply to
Ken Moffett

Ken: Check out page 10 of this doc. It has lots of info on other manf. equivalents and temp ranges....Paul

PJ

Find a shop that uses it and wheedle a little from the foreman.

That's what I did when I needed some extra-special grease for my K.O. Lee grinder spindle bearings. Cost like $58 for the smallest buyable amount. I went down to Hallidie Machinery (now gone, alas) and they gave me a little jarful. Free.

Grant

Ken Moffett wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Rather than running all over to find someone who has it, that's why I asked this group. I can buy a case for about $50.

Reply to
Ken Moffett

equivalents and temp ranges....Paul

I spent a lot of time with J&L's support person (pointed to by the machines manufacturer). The closest thing he could find, spec wise, was Mobilith AW2, which I also have for this machine. I just want to buy a small quantity. I'm trying to be GREEN!

Reply to
Ken Moffett

McMaster p/n 1431K1 is a 14 oz cartridge of NLGI No. 1 synthetic lithium grease. 1431K2 is a 16 oz jar.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Thanks Ned! I knew someone out there would have the grease, or know of an alternative. McMaster was one of the companies that would sell only case lots of the AW1.

Reply to
Ken Moffett

various autoparts stores stock lithium based wheel bearing grease, which is what I use on many of my gear driven greased gear machines. Stuff is pretty darned sticky. Get a dab on your finger and you will find it on your toes.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner