making dog tags

Emmo wrote:

http://www.silkscreenbiz.com/index.htm
Never have done any bus with this person - have no idea. Use as a resource for concepts.
As for Ink - less than a quart. Buy A quart of your color at the local art supply store - maybe the screens....
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
||I am marking a bunch of trees with some aluminum "dog tags" with three or ||four lines of words (all the same) and a unique number. || ||I have been stamping these out, words and numbers with a Harbor Freight 1/4" ||stamp set and a ball pein hammer. Now the problem is how to mass produce ||200 of these blanks -- I can't do the verbiage all letter by letter, ||(although I will still be stamping in the unique number). || ||How can I make a stamp with whole words or sentences? Can I use a 2-ton ||arbor press and some kind of dye? I would need a plate about the size of a ||business card, or maybe a little bigger. Where would I even go to find ||something like this? How are dog tags done? || ||Can I etch or anodize the info onto surface of these tags instead of ||stamping? Even engraving would be faster than the whack, whack, whack of ||my hammer...
We have an old Graphotype Addressograph machine stored in the warehouse which does exactly that. Up tp 4 lines of type pressed into a steel plate, basically a dogtag. If you are anywhere near Fort Worth TX, contact me
Rex Burkheimer rex at txol dot net Texas Parts Guy
On Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 12:18:07 AM UTC-5, Hope wrote:

-dog-tags-362727-.htm check out table top cnc macines..
ANNOY Tools Store
Dan