Making Shaft guide/holders

I need to make shaft guide/holders.

They will serve to hold shafts in place while they are rotated.

The shafts will be made of steel square rods turned down at one end. That end will slide into the guide holder, a flat plate, and then a knob will be attached to the end.

So I was wondering if it would be desirable to make the guide/holders out of the same matal or perhaps go with a plastic instead.(There will be no heavy duty forces or wear involved).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

Ok,

So am I correct in assuming that seixing/binding will not be an issue if I make the guide/holders out of metal?(I guess the device when finished will get as much use as a door handle).

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Searcher7 wrote:

Reply to
Searcher7

Ok,

So am I correct in assuming that seizing/binding will not be an issue if I make the guide/holders out of metal?(I guess the device when finished will get as much use as a door handle).

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Searcher7 wrote:

Reply to