Memory Check

Just to see if mine is OK . When checking for carbon content in steel stock , on a grinder , long streams of sparks with few forks indicate low carbon content , shorter and more forks indicate more carbon ? I'm turning some parts for an old (1939) Harley transmission , and some of them need to be hardened . Since I'm a cheapskate , I'm using what I've got on hand . One piece has long (12" plus) streamers , and a case harden will be perfect for the intended purpose . The second needs to be hardened thru , and has short streamers with many forks .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Jeff R.

Thank You !