Metal house numbers needed

I need eight flat plate metal numbers to mount on rods, and then mount to a boulder in my front yards. 3581 and 3591.

I would like to have these made out of stainless or copper. Where could I buy sheets of copper for this? I do have a source of stainless. Anyone here up to the task? Letters to be about 5" high. Plasma cut or mechanical. Smooth edges required, but not that smooth. Rough ground finish acceptable.

E mail me with bids.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You ought to consider water jet cutting them. All the water jet folks that I have seen can give you what ever font you want and can supply what ever material you want.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Depending on how thick you want, your local home center (Lowes, Home Despot, etc.) should stock copper flashing in their roofing section, sold by the foot in a variety of widths, and with precut rolls and "step flashing" (5x7" sheets) availiable as well. You could then add bracing with small copper tubing or elctrical wire, too, and solder it on with plumbing solder. Sounds like fun...

HTH, --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

You've seen copper flashing at those stores? All I've ever seen is aluminum.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I've gotten great deals on eBay.

Print mirrored patterns on a laser printer, use acetone to transfer to the metal.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Google on "sign shop supplies" or "metal letters". You know those fancy letters you see on businesses? They're pretty cheap.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Roofed the cupola on my shed with it:

--Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

May be a regional thing. Copper is not really common in Michigan, but you can find it if you look hard enough.

Any good roofing supply should stock it in 3 x 10 foot sheets. Tends to be a little pricey (~$75 the last time I bought some) and may be a little flimsy for this application. I think maybe 10 gauge would work out really nice for this. Got any scrap dealers around? You might be able to scrounge enough for a couple of signs.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Amaranth

If you do this, the letters will come out beautiful. Lettering in just about any material is very easy to do with waterjets. You can probably order them online from:

If not, here are listings for zillions of waterjet job shops:

- Carl

Carl Olsen