Mill choreography

And adds another opportunity to screw up the communication between engineer's brain and finished object.

Reply to
RoyJ

Fixed that confusing top-post for ya ...

Bullshit , that's just another layer of insulation between the guy who designs and the guy who does . Every designer needs some time in the real world of doing , IMNSHO . (I build commercial millwork , you wouldn't believe some of the idiocies architects can dream up !)

Reply to
Snag

Or make a functional gauge for them.

Reply to
Steve Austin

Just the mental part, everything else in the 2 hour window. I posted a while ago about changing the way I do drawings, optimized for the DRO.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

CATIA has a function that automatically (or not) finds out wether a part can be assembled or not. And it plots the path and shows how the part has to be tilted and turned. Interesting with dashboards that go into the body fully pre-assembled.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

That is what my dad has said for years. He always wondered if the engineer designing "X" ever actually had to repair it. When you have to dissassemble an entire machine to access some medium/high wear item it's frustrating. Particularly when you look at it and if the designer would have made "this" little tweak it would be a simple job.

I have tried to keep that in mind as I have been in the design environment.

JW

Reply to
jw