Mounting your angle grinder

I'm looking for schemes for mounting the angle grinder so that I can use it as both a metal saw and a grinder (changing wheels of course).

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Horowitz

Is this what you are looking for:

Cut-off saw conversion kit.

Michael Horowitz wrote:

Reply to
Thomas Trenkle

"Thomas Trenkle" wrote: Is this what you are looking for:

Cut-off saw conversion kit. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I submit this for what it's worth. I was present at HF when a customer was looking at one of these. Another person walked up and said he had one in his shop, but wouldn't allow his employees to use it because it is built so sloppy. Looking at the price, I can believe it.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Here's how Ernie does it:

He mostly uses his for finishing fishmouth cuts in tubing. I don't much like the idea of using an angle grinder for a chop saw, but you can buy inexpensive jigs to set them up that way.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
JR North

JR - always a good idea to see what others may have devised - Mike

JR North wrote:

Reply to
Michael Horowitz

Mike, Cutoff saws can be gotten so cheaply, it proly isn't worth it--the time to buy/convert/mount it, or even change blades! For example, I got a 10" chop saw from Sears for $88. I think I saw some on sale there recently for $66!! Proly HF has cheapies for $22. Nice to have separate saws for separate jobs, circumstances permitting.

The only reason I can see mounting an angle grinder is if you need a certain wheel geometry for specific grinding jobs, like the fishmouths someone mentioned. But not for sawing. imho.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®