Mower deck links

I added 3 this afternoon , showing the old deck with chunks cut out and spindles removed , the underside of the replacement , and a detail (sorta) shot of the new piece I welded into the replacement at the front mount .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Tell that to your bloody cinematographer, and don't pay him. He should have known to shoot it at a better angle.

I see the new pics now, BTW. Nice work.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

He works for free ... I use the old point-n-shoot camera for this stuff , don't want to mess up the new one . And thanks ! I'll get some pics of the mods to the top when I get out to the shop this morning . Might even show how the spindle mounts are recessed .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Stamped steel , dude . Heavy gauge too , it's like 1/8" thick .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Gunner Asch on Sun, 17 May 2015 07:13:59 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"made by bronzed American Working Men in Pittsburgh!"

pyotr filipivich

Actually , considering it is thirty plus-minus years old and used hard , I'm not surprised . I'd bet a c-note that the blades that were on that deck are all out of balance . I'd also bet the user was doing what I was going to do before I learned better , which is let the wheels support the weight of the deck . Fatigue and overload are not a happy combination .

Reply to
Terry Coombs