My first weld (pictures)

My dad taught me to use a moderate speed, spread feet apart, get comfortable. Most folks I have seen at work were sawing way too fast.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Sawing with the longest possible stroke really helps. Your blaces will last longer and not get dull in the middle like if you saw really fast with short strokes.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

You're dad's just right. If you saw too fast, you get careless and don't push the saw straight. Then the blade jams and you break it. I lost count of the number of my dad's hacksaw blades I broke when I first got interested in metalwork :-).

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

That's the technique I use as well, although I use it with a cutoff whell in the angle grinder. ;)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken