TIG inverter -- final gate drive assembly PICTURES

That's for my project of adding a DC -> AC inverter to my DC only welding machine:

Pictures of the final assembly that is the gate drive for my inverter bridge:

The above has been tested to generate signal, without the Semikron boards. The physical configuration was chosen with two goals in mind, some minor isolation from EMI as well as to fit the welder's internals. It will be mounted on the heatsink, vertically, next to the fan.

The inverter bridge is here:

The inverter bridge has been tested with gatedrive "on the bench". The final assembly was not tested with the bridge yet.

The heatsink and snubber circuit are shown here:

Comments welcome

Ignoramus6826

(Top posted, Ig's post snipped)

Will you be welding some aluminum soon?

Reply to
Don Foreman

That is the hope, at least. Yes.

Ignoramus12123

Having watched your progress from the very first bashing you got here and who far you came 'till now: RESPECT!

I hope that you get it working and make a readable schematic of what you made. ;-)

BTW: Do I remember that wrong? Did you say that when switching the H-bridge that the bridge is short circuited ar a short time or did I get that wrong? Or is the output off for some mirco seconds?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Reply to