Nailgun education

Gunner

Gunner Asch

A teacher who drives a truck? Not a pink hybrid? Did they eat the raccoon too? Aren't teacher union members supposed to be vegetarians? What is going on in Arkansas? Don't they know we are living in a post Lewinsky world?

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

I hope he wins the "teacher of the year" award. Imagine actually teaching soemthing useful.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

As an Ag teacher, that is the least. Caving is tough on some and putting down a horse or dog is a Farm / ranch needed lesson.

Ag is real life, not a idealistic wonder world. That is Razor back country and it might be kill or be eaten!

Martin

Mart> I hope he wins the "teacher of the year" award.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I hope they're not putting down horses with nailguns. One of my electricians claims he took out a raccoon in an attic with one of those long, flexible Greenlee auger bits that are used to fish lines through walls.

Reply to
ATP*

To you and I a Nail gun sounds chilling - but it was very likely the fast quick and sure way. Clubbing might not work the first or second time. Shooting is now not allowed. Slicing a neck is messy and more gore. Chemical is not nice or easy.

Want to suggest an approved way ?

Mart>> As an Ag teacher, that is the least. Caving is tough on some

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

My point was it doesn't seem appropriate for a horse. I guess it's preferable to a Greenlee auger on the end of a Milwaukee Hole-Hawg. BTW, I just went out to my shop and saw one of the biggest raccoons I've ever seen inside the shop. I left the trap at work and don't know where the pellet gun is, otherwise I'd be doing some Mitt Romney style varmint huntin'.

Reply to
ATP*

Call your local politician on a speaker phone. It'll leave. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Feed it the school cafeteria food.

Reply to
ff

The young people are from farms and ranches. The classroom is often at their place or if the school is able - at the schools ranch. If a horse goes down and the vet must put it out - they are there to learn a life lesson and see what it takes to have to call in the first place. e.g. why not to call as much as why.

Some youngsters learn everything, some learn feed and the books as they already knew the facts of life.

So many young people that take the program are city kids that daddy bought me a horse. Mom and Dad are interested in their offspring learning what to do from a person that knows.

Martin

Mart>> To you and I a Nail gun sounds chilling - but it was very likely

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

School cafeteria - not enough catchup or white bread attached. The federal regs on what to serve is shutting down freelance. Martin