Neat tool idea/ simple and it works!

I may be one of the last ones to come across this idea because some people I've told about say they have been doing it for years, but it was new to me so for you other cave dwellers; weld a 1/2" or bigger rod at least a foot long on the frame of your vise grip pliers facing exactly 180 degrees from the jaw centerline. weld a stop on the end of the rod and add a sliding weight to use as a slide hammer. It works great for pulling stubborn dowel pins and many other parts. Exept for the blood blisters you may get from pinching your hand in the slide action, you will thank me! Dixon

Reply to
Dixon

It's new to me & I like it. Except that it ties up a vise grip for this purpose. Before doing that I'd try welding a nut to the inside of the handle so I could thread a rod on when I needed to pull a pin & remove it afterward.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt