need recommnedation for type of rental trailer to use

Cydrome Leader fired this volley in news:m0nc2q$k2$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.panix.com:

Enterprise Truck Rentals has 16' Mitsubishi Fuso 16' box trucks with

1200lb cap. lift gates for $95/day, daily, and about $500 per week, weekly.

I just moved 2300lb of machinery from Florida to Virginia, kept the truck for 10 days (for local hauling and moving at the job site), and total cost was $650 plus fuel.

You'll find the crate already has feet for forking, so a pallet jack will get it moved around as needed. 900lb is nothing. Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Thanks eveyone.

I'm a total noob when it comes to this sort ot thing - completely out of my element more than any of you know. I had asked about renting a

16' lift gate truck- the largest I was willing to drive myself, but the smallest truck available was the 24' straight truck -- that truck was way larger than I think I can operate safely without having any prior experience/training.

The issues you've voiced, kept nagging at me to keep searching - and today, I found some experienced guys who have smaller lift gate equipped trucks (needed to get into my location), pallet jacks, etc., to help me.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

A forklift is not that expensive, for $3k you could buy a 6,000 lbs forklift.

Ignoramus12689

+1

Also ask UPS what their facilities have available for you, and at what price. When I picked up a M3 of wood at the HelL.A. bonded customs warehouse, they had a "free" forklift to bring my damaged stack of wood out of the building. We loaded it stick by stick into the trailer and bed of my truck, since it was no longer banded by steel.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I was able to get a local company that was willing to help me get this lathe home. They delivered it Wednesday afternoon - no problems whatsoever.

( I missed them in my initial searches. For some reason they're not listed in our directory under freight, delivery, or riggers - only under "courriers". Just had to keep looking/digging.)

Reply to
Bill

How much did you pay?

Reply to