Miller Big 40 on trailer

MILLER WELDER (ROSEDALE) Date: 2010-08-05, 10:36AM PDT Reply to: snipped-for-privacy@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

MILLER WELDER BIG 40 DIESEL HAS NOT BEEN STARTED IN 2 YEARS CALL 912-7061 $725.00

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

=A0 =A0 =A0Bobby XD9

Personally I wish you would quit clogging up this group with all these ads. It gits sickening to me.

Reply to
ant30dio

Clogging up a newsgroup...... fascinating.

Could you please tell me how passing along ads for welding equipment is clogging up a welding related newsgroup?

I only pass along ads for used equpiment...and only those I believe to be of good value for the asking price.

Please advise how my forwarding ads for welding tools clogs up a welding newsgroup.

Do I do this every day? Do I do it to somehow enrich myself? None of those ads are mine btw. Nor are they from anyone I know.

Please advise, and provide details of your angst and the nitty gritty of the "clogging" in depth.

Thank you.

I will be waiting with bated breath for your response.

Yawn.......

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunny, you're work here is done. Just look at all the sickened gits.

technomaNge

Reply to
Comrade technomaNge

Personally I wish you would quit clogging up this group with all these ads. It gits sickening to me.

reply:

New here, huh? New to computers, huh? New to usenet, huh? Go to HELP. Search for filters or block sender. Do what it tells you. Come back and find something new to kvetch about. There's always something. Like people's sig lines.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

/ /Personally I wish you would quit clogging up this group with all these /ads. /It gits sickening to me.

It's welding related and of interest to those that may be in the area looking for equipment. But if you're not in the area or not needing equipment the ads wouldn't be of any interest to you. I wish Gunner would find me some bargains closer to me. How about a low priced Syncrowave 250 around Southern Illinois or St Louis area!

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Gunner:

I appreciate you finding these ads, and passing them along. I'm sure someone close to CA will find some excellent deals.

But I have to agree with Roger... I wish you could find those kind of deals in Illinois.

_kevin

Reply to
karchiba

Do what I did..and simply look on Craigslist..type in Welder and see what comes up.

Do it by state or areas within your driving range.

Its not rocket science.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That's not the problem. Do this in my state and the price always comes up way higher. I've been watching for a lathe for six months. Seen tons o' deals out on the left coast. Nothing near home. Not to fear, as soon as I buy a high price one, there will be a bunch of deals come up nearby.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Funny, when I was looking for a big mill I found a ton of deals in New York and New Jersey, but nothing in Az or So Cal.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Machinery has been cheap in NY, especially heavy stuff that can't be shipped.

Reply to
ATP

No, I am not new to computers, or newsgroups. But I usually just come here through google groups and not my mail client. I guess I could use my mail client. But I think at one time, verizon got rid of the newsgroups. But Now I have nntp.aioe.org. Seems to get this group OK I didn't think you could set up a filter for the Google newsgroups. Again, Sorry If I was out of line.

Thanks, Tony

Clogging up a newsgroup...... fascinating.

Could you please tell me how passing along ads for welding equipment is clogging up a welding related newsgroup?

I only pass along ads for used equpiment...and only those I believe to be of good value for the asking price.

Please advise how my forwarding ads for welding tools clogs up a welding newsgroup.

Do I do this every day? Do I do it to somehow enrich myself? None of those ads are mine btw. Nor are they from anyone I know.

Please advise, and provide details of your angst and the nitty gritty of the "clogging" in depth.

Thank you.

I will be waiting with bated breath for your response.

Yawn.......

Gunner

Sorry to have kept you waiting so long......................LOL Because it's page after page after page. after page. Just My opinion, If other readers like it, and I am out of line, I am sorry. Ok find me a unisaw cheap in the Wheeling WV area.........................LOL

Thanks, Tony

Reply to
ant30dio

Iggy said something about not being able to determine when a good comes up. I was thinking is all I have to do is buy a more expensive syncrowave and then a good deal will come up like magic, probably the next day!

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Page after page after page of what? I dont think Ive ever seen a newsreader that has pages. Please advise.

Now if you want a Delta Unisaw..what is a good price in your area?

Here in California..they can be found for as little as $200

I paid $150 for one. About a 1981 model. Rolled it over for $800, about

7 yrs ago.

Of course..there arent as many carpenters/cabinet makers anymore as there used to be. And the ones that are still here...have their green cards.

Shrug

One of my buddies buys and sells a shitload of woodworking machinery, and Im sure he has good used unisaws in stock

drop an email to catruckman AT aol.com and ask him. He travels out to Hersey Penn every year, and out to the east coast at least 2x a year, bringing machinery both directions.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Karl...figure out how much you are willing to spend on a machine.

Then figure out how much shipping from say..California will cost you.

Deduct that from the total price yu want to pay.

The remainder is the price yu can afford to pay for a machine.

Look for machines at or below that price.

You do know that they no longer ship by covered wagon...right?

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Is there a good way to estimate shipping charges on something like a welder? I've ignored an eBay auction because they offer local pickup only, can a shipper pick up?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I feel that Gunner is doing a service to the welders in the group. If he had been doing this when I bought my Hobart Stickmate, I might have been able to get more machine for my money.

I find it curious that you have chosen to pick on Gunner, but you have remained silent about the non welding related clothing and other goods offered for sale.

I also noticed you have not created a profile, so that we might get some idea of who you are and what may have shaped your opinions.

In the words of Harry Truman "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Reply to
Nadogail

It might help some readers but to those in other parts of the world it is just noise. If readers don't realise he is reporting other people's ads rather than plugging his own then the posts do look like spam.

Perhaps it would be better if Gunner made one post and included all the links in it.

Usenet posters don't have profiles. Are you using Google Groups or something similar ?

Cheers,

Reply to
Steven Saunderson

Gunner Asch on Sun, 08 Aug 2010 20:48:44 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Tain't the initial expense, but the "shipping & Handling."

I'm looking fro a couple hundred yards of fill dirt. Found a good price (free) - but the trucking, that costs. Due to the distance .. a hundred twenty bucks a load, and I need 10 loads ... nope. "doesn't pencil out."

Yep. Not a bad way to price other stuff. Better to shop for what you can afford (include _all_ the expenses) than try to come up with the extra afterwards.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Posting links to available welders in welding and metalworking groups. Not even selling them himself. We have countless people write in here who say, "Does anyone know where I can get a Catsmeow XJ 3500 in the Denver area?" or similar.

The NERVE of Gunner. Gunner, remind me next time I see you that you get one bitch slap! Straighten up, Boy!

Steve ;-)

visit my blog at

Steve B