Miller Big 40 on trailer

I personally do not think that reposting a large quantity of Bakersfield craigslist ads is very useful, myself. I can live with that, but feel that it is not really very necessary.

Ignoramus29207

It depends on who you know in the shipping industry. Some places are cheap, some places are expensive. Commercial shipping ...if you have your ducks in a row..is less than a dollar a pound ..say California to Florida. "Commerical" shippers are not all that friendly to private parties. A lot of times, if you can deliver to a shipper..say on a pickup truck, and the other end can pick up at the terminal on a truck..the basic transportation costs is less than a dollar a pound, coast to coast.

That being said..there are the guys who haul cars on a trailer pulled via their pickup truck across the country. Ive seen machinery going out of California that way. Etc etc etc. For far less than a dollar a pound.

Yes.."local pickup" can be done by a shipping company...assuming they have a lift on their truck, or a forklift etc etc..depending on what the item is.

My buddy leigh claims he loves "local pickup" because he can get stuff cheaper than anyone else..simply because he has the ability to pay for the stuff..then pick it up a month or more later as he passes through the area.

You need to find a local shipping company..not Mayflower etc etc..but a trucking company..and go sit down with the guy and ask him what is the best way to get a mill from say...Podunk Falls Nebraska to your home. Thats the reason I have acess to heavy trailers and a forklift.

Its not unusual for shipping to cost more than the machine, by a fair margin.

On the third hand...there are lots of hobby guys who can help each other out..and on some of the other boards..they do regularly.

The best way sometimes of course..is to simply rent a Uhaul and go get the thing. You of course have to figure the rental costs and fuel before bidding.

Call Leigh at MarMachine for further info, he travels a LOT.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Then you need to find:

A. Closer supply of dirt B. Someone who hauls it cheaper.

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner, ducking and weaving

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Southern California Craigslist ads

And thats not a bad idea..putting them in a single post.

I might just do that the next time I get bored at 4am

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch on Mon, 09 Aug 2010 11:17:32 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Yep. That's what I'm trying to do.

Or a time machine to do "this" last year when the road construction was a mile away, all the dirt you could haul

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Which group?

Don't blame Gunner for your poor health.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Note that he is not just posting to sci.enger.joining.welding but also to rec.crafts.metalworking -- which admittedly has many who want welders too.

Note that the clothing offers are not from regulars in the newsgroup, but rather from bogus accounts in China -- and they do not

*read* the newsgroup -- just post spam to many newsgroups for a day, then change the account name and repeat. *I* block those by having a *very* active killfile which kills on ranges if IP addresses in the "NNTP-Posting-Host: " header, and for many keywords in the "Subject: " header, including the brand names of shoes, and the generic names of the garments which are being offered.

As a result -- I only see these when they find a new block of IPs to post from, or new "Subject: " header contents. Something without

*any* of the words which I am filtering on.

This is obviously someone who is following the newsgroup via "Google Groups" -- not from a standard usenet news server. There is no such thing as a usenet-wide profile -- only on particular services. You won't find one for me, either. I access via newsguy.com using the slrn newsreader software, and this does not even give me the opportunity to create a profile.

To find out at least some of my interests, you can visit the web site in my .sig block below -- but this does not cover my metalworking interests, just one specific field of interest. You can see a photo or two of me -- from several years ago. Perhaps it is time to take new photos. :-)

Which "kitchen" are you in? I'm in rec.crafts.metalworking. (I suspect that you are in sci.engr.joining.welding instead.) Here in rec.crafts.metalworking, gunner is a regular who posts quite a bit of on-topic things, and as well, participates in lots of political debates which are truly off-topic. *I* try to keep my political beliefs out of the newsgroup, and stick to metalworking topics, which are much more satisfactory to talk about and more likely to be beneficial.

There are others who post political debates only -- from either side -- who I have fully killfiled. Gunner, I tend to only killfile "Subject: " headers because he *does* post on topic as well and I don't want to miss that.

However -- I would like to request that gunner include the words "Craigslist CA" in the "Subject: " header of these postings -- simply because no matter how good a deal he may have found, they are too far away to be useful to me on the East coast. So -- those with filters (which I suspect excludes those reading via Google Groups), who live close can happily read these posts and those who live too far away to benefit (such as I) can simply not be bothered by them.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Make sure that he takes three kittens and two puppies when he leaves!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No puppies this time (thanks be to Crom)..but Ive got about 7 kittens floating around......

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Of course, anybody looking for tools in Southern CA could just go to craigslist and look for themselves...

Reply to
rangerssuck

Just remember to implement the 'Reverse Ass Tax'. The bigger the ass they are, the more kittens they need to take home. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Time to refill the Helium tank? :-)

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Nah..I actually LIKE kittens. The bigger the ass, the less friendly I become. Prices start going upwards like a skyrocket and the less likely they are to get a kitten(s) to share their lives.

Afterall...we are keepers of the critters..and it would be cruel to saddle them with an extra asshole.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Actually..the 95/5/5 welding tank is nearly full (helium/argon/co2). The only thing Ive done with it is filled up condums for the grandkids, tied strings on em and gave em each a brightly colored "ballon" to parade around with. Took their mom a bit to suddenly spew "OHMYGOD!!!" when she realized what they were floating around.

The 12 pack of Fiesta condoms from the 99c store really dont leak helium like regular ballons do! Just remember to not buy the "lubricated" ones. They are a bit hard to tie knots in.....chuckle. Slippery as can be....chuckle.

But Ive got the gas to TIG with if I really need a LOT of heat!

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I was thinking that the kittens might calm them down :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Actually -- *no*! If they qualify they might not treat the kittens properly once they get them home.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Nah..most of them are mentally ill so while kittens may help..given the hate most of them show..they would be pulling off their tails, cutting off their feet and whatnot.

Leftwingers are Pyschologically vicious animals.

And you want to give that sort of animal...kittens?

But it was a nice generous thought you had.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You didn't say they were leftwingers. That changes everything. They only deserve rabid squirrels. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Almost every angry or nutty frootloop is a Leftwinger. I thought you knew.

Sorry.

And yes. I like the idea of giving them a bag (paper) of drugged rabid sqirrels and placing it in their vehicle before they leave.

SInce I live a long ways from anywhere..having them wake up during the drive is a given.