Needing a source for abrasive cloth

This stuff goes under various names. "Diamond Dust Cloth" "Abrasive Cloth" "Duracut Abrasive Cloth" "Duracut Abrasive Cloth"etc.

Also called "aluminum-oxide" cloth

In the pic it's the dark roll on the left:

Not sand paper by any means.

Made , or distributed by 3M, I used to get it from Curtis Industries Part * 89224, (180 grit) but since they pulled the local sales force, it's more difficult to get.

The stuff isn't cheap , but to me it's worth every penny.

None of the auto parts stores in my area carry it, not even napa , even

though they have a host of 3-m products. They must have only a selective line. Even my auto-electric suppliers have a difficult time coming up with it.

Can you tell me a good source for it?

Thanks!

Reply to
Tim

I am a bit lost what you are after.

I looked up Duracut Abrasive Cloth. All mentions were Chinese. I looked up Diamond Dust Cloth and got zero hits. I told Google: aluminum oxide cloth There were many hits:

Here is one that looked promising:

for mail order.

You mentioned 3M: At the top right you can click on where to buy or how to buy online:

If this stuff is just sanding screen, go to a local plumbing store for something like this:

I don't know if you have or can buy from Grainger's but here are some of their's:

I know you said it is not sand paper, but if it has to do with sanding by any stretch, the folks at Klingspor are among the best:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DanG A live Singing Valentine quartet, a sophisticated and elegant way to say I LOVE YOU! snipped-for-privacy@okchorale.org (local)

(national)

Reply to
DanG

You might try:-

They have always had everything that I've wanted.

Lewis.

*****
Reply to
limeylew

That did the trick, Dan.

That was very helpful.

Thanks again!

Reply to
Tim

You mentioned 3M: At the top right you can click on where to buy or how to buy online:

Thanks guys, you've been very helpful.

. This is exactly what I was wanting and found a local dealer too!

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Tim