ID a piece of Pretec Electronic Gauging Equipment?

hello to the group:

can anyone ID this piece of Pretec (swiss-made) gauging equipment? the only markings are an "ms" on the front panel; some piece of thickness/surface gauging equipment? selectable for inches/um, various scales, etc.

photos here:

formatting link
unit was attached to a machining center i was told; no probes, etc. item is for sale.

tnx in advance for any info; if you want to directly email me w/ any info that is appreciated also.

tnx, barry carson city nv

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

This looks like the current model of the version you have :

formatting link
It appears to be an analog readout for LVDT transducers, and can read difference between two transducers.


Reply to
Jon Elson

To paraphrase Jon - it looks like an amplifier for a gage head. I don't know aboute Pretec but the B&S versions were available with either finger or plunger style gage heads. Together, they make for a super sensitive indicator.


Reply to
Mike Henry

barry wrote in news:45A9352A.5

As Jon said, it's the amplifier/display head for a dual LVDT measuring system. You can either have 2 probes individually reading, or you can take the sum of the two. (A+B) If you want to see what a modern version of something like this looks like, go to and look at the Accusetter or Trendsetter systems.

Reply to

The nice thing is the (A-B) or difference. e.g. - room air vs. test area - the wall is withholding the value of A-B.

Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

formatting link

Anth> barry wrote in news:45A9352A.5

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.