ID a piece of Pretec Electronic Gauging Equipment?

hello to the group:

can anyone ID this piece of Pretec (swiss-made) gauging equipment? the only markings are an "ms" on the front panel; some piece of thickness/surface gauging equipment? selectable for inches/um, various scales, etc.

photos here:

unit was attached to a machining center i was told; no probes, etc. item is for sale.

tnx in advance for any info; if you want to directly email me w/ any info that is appreciated also.

tnx, barry carson city nv

Reply to
barry

This looks like the current model of the version you have :

It appears to be an analog readout for LVDT transducers, and can read difference between two transducers.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

To paraphrase Jon - it looks like an amplifier for a gage head. I don't know aboute Pretec but the B&S versions were available with either finger or plunger style gage heads. Together, they make for a super sensitive indicator.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

barry wrote in news:45A9352A.5 @worldnet.att.net:

As Jon said, it's the amplifier/display head for a dual LVDT measuring system. You can either have 2 probes individually reading, or you can take the sum of the two. (A+B) If you want to see what a modern version of something like this looks like, go to edmunds.com and look at the Accusetter or Trendsetter systems.

Reply to
Anthony

The nice thing is the (A-B) or difference. e.g. - room air vs. test area - the wall is withholding the value of A-B.

Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Anth> barry wrote in news:45A9352A.5

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn