ID air compressor

I have an air compressor I would like to ID and then,hopefully, purchase some replacement parts for...

On the side of the block it has a TX 0002 cast in, with a CH directly below it.

On the jugs there is a TF 0018 cast in. On the one rod I have it has a TF 0469 cast in.

This is a large v compressor. I guess it would be considered a 4 cylinder. It is dual stage x2. The large piston is 2.5-3.0 inches and the small is 1.5-2.0 inches. It looks like it is supposed to be green, but has been painted over in a metallic blue.

I cannot find a mfg id, so I am hoping that the casting numbers mean something to someone. What has happened is that one throw's worth of piston/rod/etc has been destroyed. I do have the other side to work from and if it comes down to it, could make replacements for the trashed side of it. This is a fairly decent machine aside from the fact that two rods and one piston are a bunch of mush in the bottom of the crankcase(I have little in it and like a challenge...)

Any help?

TIA

JW

Reply to
Jeridiah

Post this in the tool board of Ytmag.com. There's a compressor guru there who can ID almost anything, especially if you have a photo.

CH--Campbell-Hausfeld?

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

CH = Champion? Green is there normal color.

Reply to
RellikJM

I sent this once, but haven't seen it posted....

I have an air compressor I would like to ID so I can find parts for it.

It is a V-4(two dual stage). It is currently painted a metallic bluish, but I would say it is actually supposed to be a pea grean sort of color based on what is showing through in areas.

It has a TX 0002 and a CH directly underneath cast in the block. The heads have a TF 0018 cast in to them. I cannot find any other sort of markings to indicate mfg.

Does anyone recognize this?

JW

Reply to
Jeridiah

I have seen it already, so yes, it *did* get posted.

I don't, which is why I didn't answer the first time.

At a guess, the "CH" may stand for Campbell Hausfield, or it may not. They do make air compressors and air powered tools, so it is a reasonable guess at least.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The color of paint is not definitive, but SpeedAire used green.

DanG

My apologies. I had posted it Monday night around 8:00 and still had not seen anything by noon the next day....

I see them both now.

JW

Reply to
Jeridiah

replying to Jeridiah, tim wrote: did you find out the make of your compressor? i have the same one i need id also.

Reply to
tim