Nine new engines? -- six new transmissions? -- 60 new engines and transmissions?

Dad had a Ford falcon with a 170? and later a Plymouth Duster with a slant six. Those cars both made the quarter million point.

Have you moved to OZ already?

Wes

Wes

No, and right now I'm hoping not to for a good while. I'm supposed to be getting a call this month to chat about a killer job. It's a back door deal brokered by a friend that works there. Would be the job of my dreams and would allow me to bring my wife here when her daughter graduates, and put her through a culinary school. My buddy's been there

6 years and is the junior, most have been there 15-26 years. It's the sort of place I could work until ready to retire. Yeah, there's still a few places like that in this country. I consider myself fortunate to live within commuting distance to one and have a friend on the inside.

Wish I was there now though, my stepson is bowling in the Bradman Letter cricket match as I'm writing this. He's the most outstanding bowler in the region, but Coota is a small town and hard pressed to put a good team together in 16 and under. This match is played between Cootamundra where Don Bradman was born, and Bowral where he grew up. In 30 years, Coota's only won 4 times. David's a wicked fast bowler. I've faced him bowling just tennis balls and have zero chance of hitting one. (well, doesn't help that I swing the cricket bat like a Louisville Slugger, lol...) I'll have to wait a few hours for them to ring me back with the results...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Just got a not-quite-live update. Bowral's batting first, 40 runs with

26 over and only one wicket. Usually they're at 100 or so runs at this point. Nobody has a hit off David yet. Temp is 45 degrees. That's centigrade. 113F....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

> As Ford enters 2010, it plans to aggressively pursue its goal to

Turbine-electrics.

Reply to
Cliff

Perhaps not so much. Charge most at night .... whan peak loads are way down anyway. System & generation is aimed at peak loads.

Reply to
Cliff

That would be fine, but for the roving bands of NIMBYs protesting each and every one...

Several to dozens would be fine, but hundreds isn't going to happen. And they need to be sited in out of the way areas, to avoid the problem above. Which will work fine, if the grid is robust enough to ship the power to the large towns.

Getting back to the subject - Any of those 9 new engines alternative fuels? CNG and LNG are practical, Hydrogen.... not so much.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman