NthreadsP problem

I'm trying to use the NthreadsP program to generate gear trains for oddball threads (like 24.57 tpi) for my 6" a/C lathe. The problem seems to be that the A/C gear train starts out with either a 16 tooth or 32 tooth gear 'on the spindle' but the NthreadsP seems to assume you can put any gear on the spindle you want.

I tried restricting the gear train to only those gears listed in the Atlas book for 16 tpi (the leadscrew pitch) but it never gives me a train starting with 32 teeth as the manual shows. What am I doing wrong, or doesn't the NthreadsP work with the Atlas/Craftsman 6"?

Reply to
Nick Hull