Odd Ball Sized Miter Slot

I have a Shop Fox 12" Disc Sander with Cast Table. The table has a T-Slot that NONE of the good miter gauges fit. It's 5/8" at the narrow top width and 51/64" at the lower. The bar would need to be 1/4" thick.

Does anyone know where I might find T-Slot bar this size? I wanted to ask before I just used 1/4" X 5/8" bar or had a T-Bar Runner milled. Aluminum would be fine.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Ken

Reply to
Wheelz

I have a Shop Fox 12" Disc Sander with Cast Table. The table has a T-Slot that NONE of the good miter gauges fit. It's 5/8" at the narrow top width and 51/64" at the lower. The bar would need to be 1/4" thick.

Does anyone know where I might find T-Slot bar this size? I wanted to ask before I just used 1/4" X 5/8" bar or had a T-Bar Runner milled. Aluminum would be fine.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Ken

Reply to
Wheelz

If you use the 1/4"x5/8" bar you'll have ~0.085" space on each side at the bottom of the slot that will, probably, fill with debris.

If you (first) clamp a guide bar parallel to the sanding disk, then adjust the table ~5 degrees off perpendicular to the sanding disk, you'll be able to put the correct bevel on 13/16 wide stock.

I'd suggest making more than one: a second - drilled and tapped - to be the base of a 2-piece (double height) bar to serve as a support fence for smaller items. (Taper to be set with the connecting screws.)

Reply to
RAM³

If it were my problem, I'd look carefully at the table to see if it's meaty enough, and if so, I'd clamp it to the mill table and mill out the slot to a standard size, straight and perpendicular.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

On 20 Sep 2006 17:50:42 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Wheelz" quickly quoth:

Call Woodstock (or Griz?) and ask "WTF is with this t-slot, mon?" Standard size is 3/4". You didn't wash it in really hot water did you? ;)

Larry Jaques