Oil in copper refrigeration tubing?

Just hooked up a cold trap here at work, and when purging it through it was apparent that the copper tubing we got ahold of has a considerable amount of oil or oil vapor
left in it from the drawing process.
Is this common, and what do the refrigeration guys do with this, is it OK to leave oil in systems like that?
Jim
================================================= please reply to: JRR(zero) at yktvmv (dot) vnet (dot) ibm (dot) com ================================================
Did you use plumbing copper or refrigeration copper? ACR is cleaned and nitrogen purged. Plumbing copper is "as drawn".
jim rozen wrote:

--
Glenn Ashmore

This was refrigeration tubing - soft copper sold in a coil, annealed condition. But this stuff was definitely *not* cleaned or purged. It did have end caps on it though.
Jim
In refrigeration and air conditioning systems the oil mixes with the freon. That way they do not need any oil seals in the compressor. Pre-charged air-conditioning line contains the proper amount of freon and oil for the length of the line. This way the tech does not need to worry about the length of tubing that he runs and the amount of freon and oil that the system is charged with.
So refrigeration tubing will be oily because that is the way that it is used.
Pete.