Ok I passed on the leroi tractor and am buying this one

Here are some pictures of the Ford 2000 I am buying, I tested it today and all seemed to work ok, we ran it for 1/2 hour cleaning up the sellers yard and leaks, noises or big things came up. Seemed to be running a bit rich but all else was ok.

take a look

It is costing more than the Leroi but it has some extra things (the big hoe on the back)

Reply to
Waynemak

Good move. The backhoe is a BIG extra. Still looking for one for my Bobcat. I still haven't emptied my truck from the last auction. Got a nice Rockwell drill press with an unusual "straight across" Commander head, a small two spindle horizontal boring machine, and about six tons of oak and maple table parts, various pieces of wood, etc..

Reply to
ATP*

That's a nice little tractor too. Funny knuckle on the hoe, never seen one built like that.

Am I remembering correctly that this was an English Ford? I swear they were.. Regardless, they're good stuff. My grandparents had a 4000, seems it had a 3 cyl. Perkins diesel and Lucas electrical.

I liked the LeRoi better though..

John

Reply to
JohnM

Reply to
Waynemak

Reply to
Waynemak

I've had this exact tractor for twenty years. In that time,I've had everything but the transmission apart. Let me know if you every contemplate a repair. I also have the 3000, almost identical tractor.

If you have the holley carb, that's one of the tractor's weak points. After two rebuilds, I gave up and bought a new carburetor, it was like putting a new engine in.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

No doors. You can buy doors, though, if you want to make the back boxes yourself. I plan on using some of the plywood to build kitchen cabinets, the oak to trim out windows, probably sell the table slides, maybe sell the legs as a kit to woodworkers on ebay. My kids see it all as materials for a clubhouse. I see it as several doses of Advil............. Nice stuff, though, furniture grade wood. The big, long lots of hardwood went for more than I wanted to pay, although they would have been a bargain. I turned down three machines for free, an overarm router, a 24 spindle borer, and a horizontal wood shaper. I just couldn't fit all the stuff that was available in my 18' box-in two trips.

Reply to
ATP*