Ok I passed on the leroi tractor and am buying this one

Here are some pictures of the Ford 2000 I am buying, I tested it today and
all seemed to work ok, we ran it for 1/2 hour cleaning up the sellers yard
and leaks, noises or big things came up. Seemed to be running a bit rich but
all else was ok.
take a look

It is costing more than the Leroi but it has some extra things (the big hoe
on the back)
Reply to
Waynemak
Good move. The backhoe is a BIG extra. Still looking for one for my Bobcat. I still haven't emptied my truck from the last auction. Got a nice Rockwell drill press with an unusual "straight across" Commander head, a small two spindle horizontal boring machine, and about six tons of oak and maple table parts, various pieces of wood, etc..
Reply to
ATP*
That's a nice little tractor too. Funny knuckle on the hoe, never seen one built like that.
Am I remembering correctly that this was an English Ford? I swear they were.. Regardless, they're good stuff. My grandparents had a 4000, seems it had a 3 cyl. Perkins diesel and Lucas electrical.
I liked the LeRoi better though..
John
Reply to
JohnM
If I was going to show it, or just keep it for its looks the Leroi was nice, but the ford has much better resale and has a better bucket and the hoe will be nive to remove the many small stumps in the yard, I must have 50 4" diameter stumps about the property. We used the ford today to clean up some old heavy stuff from the sellers yard. The seller is 82 and has had a bad year of falls and other health issues so he doesn't see himself using the machine any more.
Reply to
Waynemak
What the hell are you going to do with all the wood stuff?? I need a new kitchen (well wife does) any good set of matching doors??
Reply to
Waynemak
I've had this exact tractor for twenty years. In that time,I've had everything but the transmission apart. Let me know if you every contemplate a repair. I also have the 3000, almost identical tractor.
If you have the holley carb, that's one of the tractor's weak points. After two rebuilds, I gave up and bought a new carburetor, it was like putting a new engine in.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
No doors. You can buy doors, though, if you want to make the back boxes yourself. I plan on using some of the plywood to build kitchen cabinets, the oak to trim out windows, probably sell the table slides, maybe sell the legs as a kit to woodworkers on ebay. My kids see it all as materials for a clubhouse. I see it as several doses of Advil............. Nice stuff, though, furniture grade wood. The big, long lots of hardwood went for more than I wanted to pay, although they would have been a bargain. I turned down three machines for free, an overarm router, a 24 spindle borer, and a horizontal wood shaper. I just couldn't fit all the stuff that was available in my 18' box-in two trips.
Reply to
ATP*