Old 230/440 motor and VFD

I don't know, these just run the motor on single phase once started, I think that may also be hard on the motor. Also, a properly set-up VFD can give you dynamic braking, which can be real nice on a lathe with a big chuck (unless the lathe has a mechanical clutch-brake mechanism).

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

It has a clutch/brake. I have decided to use a VFD. Right now I am busy cleaning this lathe. It already looks better.

Ignoramus6241