Old Smith Drum Sliding Bed metal lathe help

Smith Drum sliding bed HK 808. I took this lathe as payment, don't know a lot
about it but want to learn. The tail stock doesn't advance or retract, you can
spin the hand wheel all day and nothing. Does anyone have a parts breakdown of
whats suppose to be in the tail stock. I know I'm missing some parts. I just
don't know which ones. The carriage engages sometime and sometimes it doesn't.
When it does its moving it toward the chuck, I cant figure out how to get it
moving the opposite way. I need a manual or a copy of one or a old machinist
that lives close.
Reply to
Randy
I've tracked down a copy of the Smith Drum Lathe manual, scanned it, and uploaded it to vintagemachinery.org:

Hoping to have the parts manual (with diagrams) in the next few weeks.
HTHs, Ian.
Reply to
irox
Irox - I can't get that link to work. I did find a manual for a mobile machine shop that had some info on VintageMachinery, however. Is that the one you posted or is there another one around? Thanks! Stacy
Reply to
Junior585
Irox - I can't get that link to work. I did find a manual for a mobile machine shop that had some info on VintageMachinery, however. Is that the one you posted or is there another one around? Thanks! Stacy
Reply to
Junior585

Site Timeline