Smith-Drum Extension-Gap lathe manual wanted

Hi,
I saw a port from ~2 years ago on this forum from somebody ("K Smith") who appears to have a manual for the Smith-Drum Extension-Gap lathe. I would really
like to get a copy of this manual (or borrow, scan, then return the manual and make it public).
Can anybody point my in the right direction?
Thanks! Ian.
replying to irox, irox wrote: Here's the original post that led me to this forum: https://www.polytechforum.com/metalworking/army-issue-1942-model-hk-smith-drum-extension-gap-lathe-wit-613583-.htm
replying to irox, irox wrote: Answering my own question. I seems that the Smith Drum Extension Gap lathe was nearly identical to the Fay & Scott extension gap lathe. I would guess that Fay & Scott made them first, when they couldn't meet demand during WWII the government contracted another company to make more from the same design. Of course, it could have been Smith Drum's design give/sold to a bigger company which could meet demand. They even have similar (the same?) model numbers.
Anyway, here is the "War department Maintenance Manual and Parts Catalog, Lath, Engine Extension Gap Electric Motor powered Model HK 14" - 28" Fay and Scott" from 1943: http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/306/5085.pdf
Hope that helps some folks with their Smith Drum Lathes!
Ian.
replying to irox, irox wrote: Ok, I've finally tracked down a copy of the Smith Drum Lathe manual, scanned it, and uploaded it to vintagemachinery.org: http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id 047
Hope that helps out all the Smith Drum Lathe owners who are without a manual.
Cheers! Ian.
replying to irox, irox wrote: Answering my own question. I seems that the Smith Drum Extension Gap lathe was nearly identical to the Fay & Scott extension gap lathe. I would guess that Fay & Scott made them first, when they couldn't meet demand during WWII the government contracted another company to make more from the same design. Of course, it could have been Smith Drum's design give/sold to a bigger company which could meet demand. They even have similar (the same?) model numbers.
Anyway, here is the "War department Maintenance Manual and Parts Catalog, Lath, Engine Extension Gap Electric Motor powered Model HK 14" - 28" Fay and Scott" from 1943: http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/306/5085.pdf
Hope that helps some folks with their Smith Drum Lathes!
Ian.

    Looks like a nice machine. The only complaint that I have from a first look through is that the spindle bore is just a little too small to accept a drawtube for a 5C collet -- and the MT-4 taper is just too small, too.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Pages 8 and 9 are missing!

--
Obstacles are those frightful things you
see when you take your eyes off your goal.

https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid02305940602&&&chn=ps
Usually lathe collets and drawbars are hollow to accept long rod stock.