OT: Chrysler Dealer Inventory Fire Sale?

Doesn't matter. Not to Chrysler. What matters to them is that ten Chrysler dealers are selling a tiny fraction of what their competitors ten dealers do.

A five million dollar promotional program that is within the means of a Toyota dealer would break any one of, and probably all, of the local Chrysler dealers. Their individaul sales don't produce the kind of revenue it takes to compete.

That is the dynamic that is being adressed when the number of dealers in any area is reduced. Chrysler won't sell fewer cars, they will sell more. The remaining dealers will have the resources as individuals to take market share. Chrysler will have to have the product, of course, but that is a seperate issue and it's one that Fiat, not Chrysler, will be dealing with.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Did you think I wouldn't have a look? LOL

Not like that at all.

Those people need to buy private insurance then.

Sure you didn't hear about it. Rush was going on with the rest at full volume that Obama went back to "fix" his Birth Certificate.

You don't "pay into" Medicare" to provide for your future Wes. Every dime that comes out of your check is immediately used to pay existing medical bills for someone that's covered - like your parents. The real problem is that payroll deductions only add up to $.57 of every dollar in claims so the balance is made up out of general tax revenue.

No other country in the world offers unlimited care on demand the way we do and nearly every civilised first world country offeres basic care to every citizen. The government provides health care to all up to a certain point and then it's up to individuals to have their own coverage for anything beyond. They have all drawn a line.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

We are banking on some of them wanting to stay in business as an aftermarket business. The shop is the most profitable part of most dealerships.

Reply to
RB

Gunner, who will spend money on tools, equipment and cigarettes, but not on health care (he prefers to steal that).

Reply to
rangerssuck

Its too expensive and besides, since Ive become a Liberal, I get if for free as do all Liberals.

Ill pass on the free dope, free abortions, free education and the other free stuff. See! Im responsible!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

John, I listen to a lot more than Rush.

I understand how that really works. With the age demographics it is bit of a pyramid scheme. So if we are underfunding .43 cents on the dollar now, what will it be when the boomers retire?

I was listening to Cspan Washington Journal on delay last night on my dishplayer. From what the dealer said that was on the show, he has cars that Chrysler will not take back. That puts a former dealer in a hard place, no factory service trying to peddle a product that he can't support.

I didn't fully understand when he said he would have to sell his new cars on his lots as used cars. Perhaps since he won't be a dealer anymore it is treated as if I am selling a car I just bought yesterday. Currently a dealer to dealer transfer is considered a new car. Maybe Congress ought to help these guys out with some quick legislation. If he was correct, that is insult to injury.

What was interesting is that he indicated that once upon a time, Chrysler did not want all brands at a single dealership. Seems a bit too faced to limit which brands a dealer can sell and them jam them for not growing their dealership.

Is there more to this?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

That's one of the things I was wondering about. I think he meant if he did NOT sell his inventory to another dealer he would be put in the position of having to sell the cars as "used cars". Perhaps more accurately, it would become like a gray market channel with some reduced level of factory support? Seems rather short-sighted of Chrysler to so hastily close the dealerships with insufficient time to move existing inventory.

Reply to
ATP*