OT: CNC - Compumotor 6K-4 controller

Not directly metalworking related, but will be. Does anyone use this controller for anything? I picked one up for $350 to run 3 Rutex drives with servos for my project. There is lots of info on Compumotor's site but would appreciate an "insider's" point of view like: "Great box, it will do all so easily." or: "POS...Burn it now and get a SUX-2000."

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I have used the 6K. There are several quirky things with it. I had to get a firmware upgrade because the Jog inputs can lock and send your fixture crashing into its self. Probably won't happen to you if you are using servos. I was using steppers and that seams to be where all my problems are.

Once you get past all the quirks it is really robust and steady. I have 3 machines in the field with it with hardly any problems at all.

You can't beat $350 for > Not directly metalworking related, but will be. Does anyone use this

Reply to
bamboozled