OT: contrasts in the healthcare system

Sounds to me like a contusion, which is doctor-speak for a nasty bruise. Is it purple?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Senior moments are OK! And at a certain age, farting anywhere any time is perfectly acceptable and expected!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I have grown allergic to it over the years. Now, when I take it, or any NSAID, I break out with large red patches all over my skull.

One size doesn't fit all.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Talkig of ribs, Ive a 10 ton fly press, its got a 5ft top arm with 75lbs of iron ball on EACH end!! A operating handle comesdown from that to mid chest height. i was using it to blank out same 3/16in thick bronze blanks 1.5 in dia. Needed a lot of swing to do this. I pulled the lever toward me but slipped, it came and hit me in the chest. with a bad sharp pain before it knocked me down. I couldnt do much morethat day. Tho the next day it was somewhat better. Move forward some 3 yrs, when I was due a routine chest xray. The doctors were very worried with a large oval swelling in a chest rib, thinking itv was bone cancer, till I remembered the accicdent. A broken rib was diagnosed some 3 yrs after the event.

Reply to
Ted Frater

But never expect that said fart will be dry.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Ted Frater wrote: ...

When I broke my collarbone in high school (after hours, horsing around), there was no mistaking it - I had jammed it (compression, lengthwise), and one of the loose ends was within about 3/16" of skin from being a compound fracture. It was quite prominent, as I remember.

It healed up pretty good, after I got it set on Dad's insurance. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That's why they make Depends. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Better yet!

I'm sending you a gift certificate, everybody chipped in!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Don't bother. The medication I'm on stops me up quite well. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Deacons, according to the bible, must be men of good standing in the church, not drinkers, married to one wife, and have their children and lives in order. In the LDS church, a boy can be a deacon at age 12.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"Don Foreman" wrote

Advice from long ago, rec.rv-travel: Never miss a nap. Never miss a free meal. Never trust a fart.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Do you mean you can't feel the difference?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It's a lot easier at that age...

Reply to
CaveLamb

They've only had time to marry one wife at that age.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I take four to six #3 Tylenol per day. Oatmeal, corn, fruit, water, water, water!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I counted over 20 pills last night. They leave me either constipated, or with severe diarrhea. I take Gabapentin for Diabetic Neuropathy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He did fit the bill.

"The qualifications of the bishop/elder/pastor are found in 1 Timothy

3:1-7: "This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?);"

Nothing saying he should earn a living, be responsible, or treat his family as anything but subjects. He treated my sister like a galley slave.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Never waste an erection, whether accompanied or alone.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Sometimes confidence is high, other times not so much. I've left a few eyewatering stinkbombs in the stacks of bookstores with malicious glee and no skidmarks, but there are other times when confidence is not so high and the dryness of a senior fart is not to be trusted.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I am a Mormon apostate. Someone who once was a member, but were either kicked out, or requested out. I know a lot of the inner workings, but this is not the place to go into that discussion. Information in the church is given on a need to know and what level you are on basis, based on Masonism, so a lot of the lower level members are uninformed as to the real workings and beliefs of the church. Let's just say that he was a typical Mormon. In the Mormon faith, a man must draw a woman into Heaven, she cannot get there on her own.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB