OT - Counterintuitive Phiysical Demo

(Requires Flash Player)

This one made me stop and think for a while....

Choose an answer before you run it, and see if your prediction was correct.

It was one of many on a page of graphical representations of physical principles, including one showing the motions a dropped cat makes to improve its chances of landing on its feet.

Here's the page:

Enjoy,

Jeff

P.S. I prefer my own graphical depiction of "simple harmonic motion":

Jeff Wisnia

interesting, I still think i was right :)

anyway, I assume the lack of posts was because everyone was checking out every single flash simulation on that site. wicked!

Reply to
Tater

On 21 Oct 2006 20:47:21 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tater" quickly quoth:

The last part refers to the theory of anti-gravity. Strapping the buttered bread (which always lands butter-side-down) to the cat's back (which always lands fur-side-up) creates this phenomenon.

I'd much rather see a high-speed film (in slow-mo, of course) video of the cat landing on its feet than that completely manual "Flash animation."

Now I'll go shave yaks at that site for awhile.

- The only reason I would take up exercising is ||

so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

According to Tater :

[ ... ]

Nope! I was not bothering to go, as I will not install Flash in my browser. :-)

Thanks, Jeff, for warning that it needed Flash.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols