double jointed long reach pliers

Is this a new concept from GearWrench or are there other tool companies selling this type of double jointed pliers - sorry my description does not do it justice - basically there are 2 fulcrums so the handles don't have to swing away as far. pic in the link below

jay

I've seen these at various sales of chink tools, the workmanship on them were pretty bad. Maybe GearWrench has better QC, though. They're basically special-circumstances tools, where you've got to pick up or insert something through a slot or hole and the quarters on the back end are restricted. I usually use a polypus surgical tool for such things, it's more suited for the size stuff I do. See:

Prices are inflated here, though.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

Damn you Stan! I never knew I needed these until you came along! :-) Hmmm, "polypus" tools...must do some comparison shopping.

Jay

Reply to
jay

The prices are a little better here: