OT Don't know where else to ask

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to remove the inner panel from the drivers door on a 1995 Ford Ranger. I need to work on the lock linkages. The library is no help and the dealer worse.

I would be forever in your debit. Thanks.

Roger Hull

Reply to
Roger Hull

Try rec.autos.tech

Reply to
John Ings

When I painted my girlfriends 92 Ranger all it required was to remove the window crank that was held on by a torx screw. then remove the screw that holds the armrest on. After that I simply inserted a small flat prybar under the panel and felt around for where the plastic clips held the panel to the door and carefully pried the panel away. The first plastic clip is the hardest to get started after that you can peek in and see exactly where they are. Be carefull not to bend the panel on the edge with the prybar because it will leave visible markes. Probably best to start along the bottom then work up each side. When you get to the stop you lift the panel straight up and it will separate.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Doug

Reply to
Roy J

Sounds like my Toy. Little C shaped clip with the ends bent outward. I read somewhere that you get a thin strip off a rag and pull it in between and slowly pull it back and forth like your trying to polish the stud. Works great , but do it slowly or the clip will go boing. Every time I do it I have to hunt for it , unless its the second time that day then I go slow.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

If you have a pull handle, it will have a couple of screws in it, too. They will be disguised by plugs that you just pop out with a pointy thingus, then take out the screws.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

alt.trucks.ford is an excellent NG for this type of question. Also try the forums at

Lane

Reply to
lane