OT: Hilti or Millwaulkee drywall screwgun?

We're trying to decide whether to get the Hilti model sf4000 or Milwaukee

6742-20 drywall screwgun. Opinions? We're leaning toward the Milwaukee but it's online the Hilti is in stock locally. Also we have had some problems with Milwaukee trigger switches on different products. Anyone else had problems with the switch? Thanks Karl
Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

Yeah, on Sawzalls.

In hammers/rotary hammers, Hilti is priced 'way way above bosch.

Thought another company, japanese, was kind of king of screwguns. forgot the name. well known.

Among the name brands, I'd sorta go w/ price, and the convenience of a local service center. I like porter cable for that by me. Also pretty rugged.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Are you hanging drywall or are you driving heavy screws?

Makita makes one of the best drywall guns in the business, especially the old guns that ran at a higher RPM.

If you want a universal gun to drive deck screws, self drilling metal building screws, etc you can't go wrong with Milwaukee or Hilti. Another gun to strongly consider would be the DeWalt impact grade guns with versa clutch:

267/268/269 the slower rpm work better on heavier screws.

DanG

Yeah, Makita was the company. For a while, that was about the only drywall screw gun anyone ever used, it seemed.

Of course, in a pinch, any variable speed drill can be used. Just not efficient for jobbing.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Looks like it's going to be the Milwaukee. It's cheaper. Thanks for the help. Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk